Job Title: Paralegal
Posting: Kole District
Reporting to: Head of Outreach
Summary of Position/ Role
BarefootLaw is an innovative non-profit organisation, providing legal support to the public; innovating technology, and novel approaches, to simplify and disseminate legal information, and providing free guidance on legal issues and queries to the public, with the goal ‘to make access to justice and the law readily available to 50 million people across Africa, by 2030.”
We intend to increase our reach in rural and under-served communities. We are hereby looking to hire a young, dynamic, and zealous paralegal with a passion for service to serve in an upcountry office.
The role of the Paralegal will be to support the Kole District office with the following tasks:
- Act as a legal office attendant;
- Organise office events;
- Schedule walk–in meetings with lawyers both physical and virtual;
- Assess the legal needs of walk-in beneficiaries.
Qualities sought from the Paralegal include,
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- A commitment to learning;
- Adaptability, flexibility;
- Basic Photography and videography skills;
- An ability to work well in a team.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Social work and Social Administration or a Diploma in Law applicants with a diploma in Law have an added advantage.
- Fluency in Lango and English. Command of more than one local language is an added advantage.
How to Apply;
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. Wednesday 18th August 2021.